This rowboat changes your life for the better, providing fitness, health, and positive energy. Being out on the water, in nature, breathing fresh clean air is good for the lungs, body and soul. Knowing this stable seaworthy boat handles wind and waves safely, brings confidence and a feeling of well-being while rowing.
Fitness, Health, And Positive Energy
By Yourself Or With A Partner
The Tango 17® is built with modern, ultra-tough, light weight copolymer. It never needs painting or even waxing. Simply wipe the boat down with a wet cloth to keep it shiny and clean.
- It’s a rugged all-water fitness rowing machine for all rowers including beginners, recreational, and hard-core professionals.
- It’s a stable platform for rowing even in wind and waves.
- It uses up to 90% of your muscles with no stress on the knees while burning up to twice the calories as jogging or kayaking.
- It can be rowed as a single, by yourself, or as a double, with a partner and even take the kids or the dog along
- The Tango 17® won leg 1 of the Race to Alaska (R2AK) three times.
- Take your Tango 17® camping or on expeditions; it’s faster, more comfortable and holds more gear than a kayak.
- Double hull construction makes the Tango 17® totally buoyant and virtually unsinkable just like the smaller Solo 14®.
- US and Canadian Coast Guard approved and CE certified.
We recommend Carbon Fiber Sculling Oars we supply ordered separately to ship with the boat. If tying up to a dock is intended, add a set of tie-up lines and fenders to your order.
The Whitehall Spirit® Tango 17® is at home at the cottage, on a trailer in the garage, parked on a dock or the deck of a yacht. Lexan cover battens and a fitted waterproof Sunbrella® cover are recommended If stored outside, on a dock bunk, a boat dolly, or small boat trailer.
For pure enjoyment, cardio, weight loss, and stress relief doctors and fitness trainers recommend slide seat rowing. It’s a full body low impact exercise that engages up to 90% of your body’s muscles. Both legs used at once initiate the stroke, followed by the back and arms burning twice the calories of jogging with no stress on the knees or joints.
To learn more or teach yourself to row check out our How To Slide Seat Row video by Olympic gold rower Adam Kreek.
Call or email to get a quote for a Tango 17® and accessories delivered to your curbside or dock anywhere in mainland North America. We also ship worldwide with Whitehall Spirit® rowing boat owners found in over 52 countries.