The Whitehall Spirit® Solo 14® is the most popular of all rowboat models we build. This boat will change your life for the better, providing fitness, health, and positive energy. Being out on the water, in nature, breathing fresh clean air is good for the lungs, body and soul. Knowing this seaworthy boat handles wind and waves safely brings a feeling of confidence and well-being while on the water.
The Solo 14® is ultra-tough, maintenance free, never needs painting or even waxing because it’s made of maintenance free thermoform copolymer. It’s also UV proof. Simply wiping the boat down with a wet cloth keeps it shiny and clean.
Owning a Whitehall Spirit® Solo 14® will change your life for the better:
- It’s a rugged all-water fitness rowing machine for all types of rowers including beginners, recreational, and hard-core professionals.
- It’s a stable platform for fishing, crabbing, or for taking kids and dogs along.
- Stable even while rowing in wind and waves.
- It’s fully buoyant and virtually unsinkable.
- It uses up to 90% of your muscles with no stress on the knees and burns twice the calories as jogging or kayaking.
- You can row by yourself, bring your favourite person or pet, or enter open water rowing/paddling events.
- You can take your Solo 14® camping or on expeditions; it’s faster, more comfortable, and holds more gear than a kayak.
- The co-polymer construction means it’s ultra-tough with almost zero maintenance. Stays shiny forever! More time to go rowing!
- Double hull construction makes the Solo 14® virtually unsinkable just like the larger Tango 17®.
- The Solo 14® is US and Canadian Coast Guard approved and CE certified.
- Getting out in a seaworthy Solo 14® calms the mind and refreshes the soul!
Any standard sculling oars will work however we recommend the Carbon Fiber Sculling Oars we can supply shipped with the boat. If tying up to a dock is intended, consider adding a set of tie-up lines and fenders to your order.
The Whitehall Spirit® Solo14® is right at home at the cottage, on a trailer in the garage or parked on a dock or on the deck of a yacht. If stored outside, exposed to weather, on a dock bunk, a boat dolly, or small boat trailer, Lexan cover battens and a fitted waterproof Sunbrella cover are recommended.
Fitness trainers and doctors recommend slide seat sculling because it’s an amazing full body, low impact exercise, that utilizes up to 90% of your body’s muscles, including both legs at once to initiate the stroke, burns twice the calories as jogging with no stress on the knees or joints. Perfect for cardio and weight control.
To learn more or perhaps teach yourself to row check out our How To Slide Seat Row video by Olympic gold rower Adam Kreek.
Call or email to get a quote for a Solo 14® and accessories delivered to your curbside or dock anywhere in southern Canada or the mainland USA. We also ship worldwide with Whitehall Spirit® rowing boat owners now in over 52 countries.