Rowing a Whitehall Spirit® “All Water” Tango 17® rowboat will change your life for the better.
- Slide seat rowing is one of the best ways to get in perfect shape and stay that way.
- This “all water” double scull rowboat offers stability, comfort, and safety that is not possible in any rowing shell and you can row the Tango 17 by yourself or row it with a partner. You can also take along a friend or your dog.
- This rowboat is ideal for oceans lakes or rivers, It’s excellent for sculling in calm water and also handles extremely well in wind and waves. Built-in buoyancy makes it virtually unsinkable.
- It’s ergonomically correct. Expert rowers and novices alike all love how it feels and handles.
- The Tango 17® is the world’s first and only thermoformed co-polymer double position sculling boat. Tough, light and virtually maintenance free. It’s UV proof hull and interior requires no upkeep. Simply few wipe it down with a damp cloth when needed. Unlike fiberglass the high gloss shine lasts for life. (link with the care and maintenance solo tango article)
Zeno Muller, (6’2” 240lbs) Olympic Gold Rower, holder of the fastest single scull 2000 meter event for 15 years says:
“When I row my Tango 17® three of my passions come together, family, health and rowing. It’s perfect for rowing in calms or wing and waves. An ideal training platform for beginners of any age and perfect for families to enjoy the art and sport of sculling while getting fit and staying healthy.”
The exterior and interior have an acrylic coating called Solarkote® bonded to the surface that is UV-proof. That means the boat retains a glossy yacht-like finish and stays shiny and looking good for years. An ‘interdeck’ bonded between the hull and deck further stiffens the boat and reinforces the cockpit deck, track tower bases, and footstop mounts, which are subject to the major forces of the rowing process. The double hull construction makes the Tango 17® virtually unsinkable just like the Solo 14™ model.
The metals and copolymer plastic used in construction of the Tango 17® are 100% recyclable. See more details on the features page.
|Length Overall :||17′ (5.18 m)||Waterline Length :||16′ 5″ (5 m)|
|Height Overall :||26″ (66 cm)||Weight Overall :||200lbs (90 kg)|
|Pin-to-Pin Width :||63″ (160 cm)||Beam :||46″ (117 cm)|
|Draft :||6″ (15 cm)||Depth :||18″ (46 cm)|
|Track Travel :||36″ (91.5 cm)||Top Speed :||5.5 Knots (9.26 kph)|
|Carrying Capacity :||800lbs (364 kg)||Person Capacity :||1-5|
*For mobile: swipe table left to right.
The Tango 17® comes equipped with all of the features shown below as standard and included. The only factory options to consider are the stainless steel keelstrip, motor pads and a custom boat name. These can be seen under “Factory Options” in the Accessories section of the website.
How to Order
Many customers first print the “Pricing and Accessories PDF”, in the “Pricing” tab above, for the boat they are planning to purchase, and then check-off the items they are interested in before calling or sending it to us. This is a good way to begin the process.
Alternatively, you can call to discuss your options, especially if you are unsure about what Whitehall boat model you are interested in. Your order may be as simple as a basic rowing model with oars, or as elaborate as a slide-seat rowing & sailing model with accessories, delivered to another continent.
Ordering/Delivery Details & Policies
Please read complete details by clicking here.
Take the next step and obtain a no-obligation quote:
Call toll free in (North America): 1-800-663-7481
Outside North America: +1-250-361-2628
We are located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia Canada on the Pacific side of North America. If you call outside of our normal business hours of 9am-5pm Monday to Friday and get our message machine, please let us know the best time and way to reach you.
Find Your Classic Whitehall Spirit® Boat
All 18 boat models can be ordered in different configurations to suit your needs.